Sunday, February 13, 2011

Wow what an experience!

Hey everyone,

Today I did a lot of research on the different forums on Interior Design. I have been interested in Interior Design for about five years now and I am seriously considering wanting to start a side business with my mother in this field. What can I say, I learned from the best.

About six years ago, I help my parents remodel their house and it was the most fun and fulfilling experience. I realized that I really enjoyed picking colors, textures, organizing space, and creating living environments that fit individual needs.

I found a really cool forum that discusses all kinds of design from architecture to interior design. The website is: http://www.onlydesigned.com/

5 comments:

  1. I also have a passion for interior design. When I was in high school I took an interior design class and I have been in love with it ever since (that of course is when they used to have fun classes for students to take). After high school I took a few classes through the junior college but then decided that it was more of a hobby than a job. I still love dabbling in it and reading all the magazines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it fun Karen!I especially like going to model homes on the weekends and see how the interior designer utilized certain spaces, and used textures, colors, and prints. I get a lot of ideas and have a lot of ideas on my own. I would like to say I am good with helping people make their space look like they have spent a lot of money, but actually did it on a friendly budget. That is big for me. You don't have to spend a lot to make your space look tasteful and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brandi,

    I visited your site and thought that it was very cool that people talked about all kinds of design there, from fashions, to interior to architecture! I love looking at model homes too and the way utilize space! I also like architecture. It looks like you will have lots of fun here!...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Darlene,

    Thanks for checking the forum out. I'm really excited about this assignment and getting more indepth with my thoughts and ideas about interior design. I even want to post some of my pictures up of my home and homes that I have already decorated. I am excited about getting more involved in an online community that shares my same interest in Interior Design as well.

    How often do you visit model homes? I like to go very spontaneously. I could be driving down the road somewhere and spot a new community that I have yet to visit and go take a look at the model homes. I have found by doing that I have become more intune with the design/layout of the home. I see what it is people like and don't like.

    Well, I hope your blog is going well. Take care!

    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. From reading your blog you sound like a creative person. I like to use my creative skills but at this time don't really have time for that. My son really keeps me busy. But I can tell you are really excited about this and are passionate about it. Keep it going!

    ReplyDelete